We have been using a predecessor model for several years now and were therefore particularly excited about the announcement of the Mi Band 4. But can it really do more, and if so, how much do fitness enthusiasts have to pay for the extended features? We compared the price and performance of Xiaomi Mi Band 4 and came to a clear conclusion.
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 – on the trail of a bestseller
Fitness trackers have long since ceased to be an extremely expensive analysis tool for competitive athletes, but are enjoying general popularity and are even available from many dealers as Kids Editions. However, if you don’t feel like spending at least 150 euros on a bracelet from the market leader Fitbit, Xiaomi offers much cheaper alternatives. No wonder that Mi Band 2 and Mi Band 3 (both starting at about 25 Euro) quickly became absolute bestsellers. The new Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is supposed to offer even more usage possibilities due to a display that is about 40 percent larger (for the first time with color rendition) and a strong battery. We took a close look at the promising tracker.
What is compatible with the Xiaomi Mi Band 4?
- Mi AI Speaker
- Mi Fit App
Advantages of Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Fitness Tracker
- Low price
- Around 40 % larger colour display (240 x 120 pixels) compared to the predecessor model
- Media Player can be controlled directly on the wristband
- Charging connection on the rear side instead of on the top side of the tracker hidden in the belt saves disassembling the belt during recharging
Disadvantages of Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Fitness Tracker
- Google Pay function unfortunately only usable in China
- Currently only available in Chinese or English, Polish, Russian, Spanish, German, Turkish and others will follow soon.
- Still no NFC function in US/EU
Conclusion to Xiaomi Mi Band 4: Just the right solution for hobby athletes
So far the Mi Band users in our team were also satisfied with the relatively small, pleasantly slim display of the predecessor model, so a larger screen is more of a nice extra for us in this case than a purchase argument. Much more important, however, is the ability to play music directly and, above all, the new charging option on the back of the tracker. Instead of puhling the tracker out of the wristband every time you load it, it can now finally be connected directly.
Due to the significantly increased number of possible uses, we consider the price difference of about 10 dollars (compared to Mi Band 3) to be absolutely okay and recommend a clear purchase.
However, users should be aware that they are looking for an inexpensive basic fitness tracker model without voice control, appointment management, etc. Purchase Smart Home functions. If you are looking for such a personal “butler”, you will find the right model in our Smart Watch overview.
Prices and availability: Xiaomi Mi Band 4
The Mi Band 4 is unfortunately not yet available from dealers, but can be pre-ordered from the worldwide supplier aliexpress from 38.99 US dollars. Delivery is scheduled for the end of June.
Technical data – Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Fitness Tracker
- Package size: 10 cm x 10 cm x 5cm
- OLED colour display with touchscreen
- Features: Alarm / Snooze mode, music control, suitable for tracking the sports running, swimming, treadmill training, cycling or free training
- Battery: 135mAh